Unequal Partners, Teaching about Power and Consent in Adult-Teen and Other Relationships, 3rd Ed.
by Sue Montfort & Peggy Brick
This breakthrough manual helps young people make healthy decisions about relationships, especially those involving the power imbalances that can occur when there are significant age differences. Thirty interactive lessons to help young people ages 10-17:
- Identify characteristics of relationships which are honest, equal, responsible, and respectful.
- Rehearse skills for asserting their relationship rights.
- Practice responding to a variety of situations regarding unhealthy relationships.
- Examine legal issues, including ‘age of consent’, in their own state.
- Know the particular risks and issues regarding adult-teen relationships.