Streetwise to Sex-Wise: Sexuality Education for High Risk Youth
by Steve Brown & Bill Taverner
Streetwise to Sex-wise provides an easy-to-use yet comprehensive model for a complete series on human sexuality lessons for high-risk teens. Great for implementing sexuality education for teens in non-traditional settings who often have limited academic skills and are resistant to classroom-based learning.
Two series of lessons:
14 lessons for older teens (ages 14-19)
11 Lessons for pre-teens and young teens (ages 9-13)
- What is Meant by High Risk Youth?
- Why a Manual on Sexuality Education for High Risk Youth?
- How to Use This Manual
- Some Common Teen Attitudes About Sexuality
- Profiles of Selected High-Risk Youth Populations
- Sexual Health Issues for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Youth
- Sexual Health Issues for Teen Victims/Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Health Issues for Sexually Abusive Youth
- Sexual Health Issues for Pregnant Teens and Teen Parents